Recognised as one of the most innovative councils in the country, East Sussex County Council is both a rural and urban local authority located in South East England. The authority serves more than 550,000 residents.
This is an excellent and rewarding opportunity for a Pension Accountant to join the East Sussex Pension Fund (ESPF) team. The role is intended to be office based in County Hall in Lewes but we will consider those seeking more flexibility. Due to the current circumstances surrounding covid-19, there may be a requirement to work remotely until Government restrictions are lifted.
As Pensions Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Fund Budgeting: drafting for Pension Committee approval and subsequent monitoring and reporting.
- Cashflow Forecasting and Management, including regular reporting to Pension Committee
- Production of the annual Statutory Accounts in line with CIPFA Code of Practice.
- Investment transactions accounting requirements, as the ESPF delivers its investment strategy
- Contributing to the range of reports required by the Pension Board and Pension Committee.
- Liaising and build a good working relationship with the Fund’s external auditors.
- Supporting the Pension Manager to ensure the Fund’s compliance with LGPS, associated regulations and best practice. Where necessary, develop and implement compliant arrangements and report matters to the appropriate authority.
You will have proven experience in a related role ideally within a Local Government setting. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career and make a vital impact and contribution to an outstanding local authority.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
To make a formal application - Apply Here
For an informal discussion, please contact Matthew Lees on 02038492792 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 11th April 2021
Interview date: w/c 18th April 2021