Senior Finance Manager (Band 8B)
The NHS in South West London is working on a long-term plan to transform local health services for both emergency and planned hospital care, primary and community services, cancer and mental health.
To support this vision, a single South West London Clinical Commissioning Group (SWL CCG) has been formed to commission high quality, effective and joined up health care for the population of the 6 South West London boroughs (Croydon, Kingston, Merton, Richmond, Sutton and Wandsworth). The SWL CCG will retain a strong local presence and focus within each of the boroughs whilst working together in key areas across South West London to deliver transformed and sustainable services.
This is a fantastic opportunity join SWL CCG, where you will play a critical role in ensuring both Croydon Place and SWL CCP achieves its financial targets and achieves value for money in its commissioning activities.
Working closely with the Strategic Financial Planning Manager, the purpose of Senior Finance Manager will be to:
- Provide a professional and timely financial reporting service that responds to the needs of budget holders;
- Assist in the development of the Places short- and medium-term financial strategies;
- Work with clinicians and commissioning managers to identify initiatives that enhance quality, innovation, productivity and prevention;
- Assist in the process to set budgets for the CCG (Croydon Place);
- Provide appropriate financial training and support to non-financial managers;
- Deputise for the Strategic Financial Planning Manager as necessary.
In this front-facing role, you will actively work towards developing and maintaining effective working relationships within and out of the Place and SWL CCG. You will be capable of fostering strong links with all stakeholders across SWL, developing key contact points within Primary Care, Medicines Management and SWL CCG Commissioning teams and Corporate Governance. You will be an effective leader, demonstrating SWL CCG values and behaviours, while ensuring the effective and efficient use of resources within your own sphere of responsibility.
In order to be immediately effective in the role, applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- CCAB qualified accountant, with significant post qualification experience
- Experience of management reporting in a large organisation
- Production of financial information, reports and analysis for a range of users
- An ability to develop and implement new systems and processes to drive efficiencies
- An ability to analyse, compare and interpret highly complex financial data
- Excellent communication, negotiation and strategic influencing skills
- An ability to negotiate, persuade and influence others, articulating a balanced view
- Confidence to question information and explanations supplied by others in a constructive manner
- Comfortable working under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, working with energy and enthusiasm
- Operating effectively at a senior level within the finance function in the NHS
- Knowledge and understanding of current commissioning regime in the NHS
- Flexibility in their time management and availability
- An analytical approach to problem solving
In return, SWL CCG is offering an outstanding opportunity to learn and develop as a Senior Finance Manager in a demanding yet rewarding environment.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and would like to register your interest for the role, please submit an up-to-date version of your CV. Applicants will be asked to provide a cover letter of no more than 2 pages outlining their suitability to the role.
For more information on the opportunity, please contact Ed Stroud directly: email@example.com | 07920 104 751