Principal Finance Officer
This is an opportunity to be a key part of a highly motivated, strong performing and friendly Accountancy team within the Finance division.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our accountancy team providing a wide range of financial services to the Children, Education and Families Department and will report to the Senior Accountant.
The post-holder will play a crucial role in providing a comprehensive financial service, including undertaking the following:-
- To provide financial advice, information and training to budget holders and service managers and helping them complete their budget monitoring.
- Working with the service and finance colleagues to set future budgets.
- Supporting the service and finance in meeting the deadlines required to completing the final accounts.
- Assisting with the completion of statutory returns (including ROs, QROs, RAs and Section 251).
- Monitoring and tracking of grants.
Candidates must have a strong finance (accounting) background, be able to work under pressure and be able to deliver results in a fast paced, ever changing environment. The candidate should have relevant experience of working in an accounting / finance environment (ideally public sector) and preferably be AAT qualified (or equivalent). They will also need to have a strong customer focus with good communication skills.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Trevor Clinch on 020 8313 4406 or by e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply on-line please go to: https://recruitmentbromley.engageats.co.uk/LoginV2.aspx
The closing date for receipt of applications is the 21st March 2021.
Interviews and tests are expected to be held during the week commencing 29th March 2021.
We are committed to achieving equal opportunities in employment and service delivery.
We are committed to achieving equal opportunities in employment and service delivery. We offer a generous package including competitive pay, local government pension scheme, flexible working practices and the Bromley Employee benefits scheme; Cycle2Work, Salary Sacrifice Lease Cars, Technology Scheme and a wide range of unique discounts.