Interim Principal Accountant – Financial Strategy
My local government client currently has a need for an Interim Principal Accountant
- To develop the Council’s Medium Tern Financial Strategy (MTFS) including the forecasting of the Council’s key areas of income e.g. Council Tax, Business Rates and RSG.
- Lead the Council’s response and understanding of national issues in relation to funding; Comprehensive Spending Reviews, Budget Reports and the Local Government Settlement etc.
- Co-ordinate the Annual Budget Process to deliver an effective programme to ensure the Council delivers to the statutory deadlines.
- Set and deliver an annual training plan for the Council to improve the financial capability of non-financial managers across the Council and knowledge within the Finance Team
- Deliver the work programme set by the Head of Finance including leading on cross cutting projects on behalf of the Head of Finance and representing the Council with external bodies.
- Modelling and responding to Consultations on behalf of the council regarding business rates, manage accounting arrangements for the Collection Fund and future planning and assisting with the financials for the council's housing company.
You will be CCAB qualified and have experience of working within financial strategy in a local government setting, and ideally have experience of business rates and collection fund
This role will be remote working for the foreseeable due to COVID-19