Senior Technical Accountant
About Our Client
The Council is an employer of more than 5,000 staff who strive to make a difference to lives across the region supporting more than 650,000 residents. They have achieved decades of high performances and continue to strive for excellence.
The Senior Technical Accountant who joins the team will be responsible for, but not limited to;
- Managing the completion of the financial statements (1bn grs) for the County Council and the Pension Fund (£4bn grs)
- Responsible for the production and publication of the Statutory Accounts, including completion of the financial statements and acting as the main point of contact with auditors
- Reviewing the annual investment and Treasury Management strategies and associated committee reports.
- Managing the general ledgers through reconciliations, implementing and reviewing internal controls and maintaining the chart of accounts.
- Financial reporting and the completion of statutory external financial returns including statistical returns and benchmarking as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be qualified (CIPFA/ CIMA/ ACCA) and ideally have experience of working within Local Government. They will need to be proactive, have excellent attention to detail and be able to prioritise workload to fit to strict deadlines.
What's on Offer
This role requires a high level of commitment for the successful candidate which is met with an extensive benefits and rewards package:
- £48,000 to £53,000
- 27 days Annual Leave (32 days after 5 years), plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours / working from home
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Excellent Defined Benefit Pension Scheme, Employer contributions of c26% of salary