Director of Corporate Services
Money Advice Trust provides free information, advice and resources to help people successfully manage their finances. With demand for money advice consistently outstripping supply, finding more efficient ways of helping people is at the heart of our work.
In 2020, our National Debtline and Business Debtline advisers helped 161,560 people via phone and webchat, with 1.86 million visits to our advice websites. We also provided free training to debt advisers from over 920 organisations in the UK, enabling them to support their clients more effectively.
Beyond our frontline activities, Money Advice Trust works closely with government, creditors and partners to improve the UK’s money and debt environment.
We are currently looking for a confident and exceptional senior leader to join us as our Director of Corporate Services.
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package including pension, healthcare and annual leave entitlement
- Play an important role in the ongoing success of our charity
If you are a high calibre leader with experience of overseeing large-scale projects and service transformations, this is a brilliant opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact with a pioneering charity.
You will be integral to the overall management of our charity and will have the chance to shape and optimise how we operate, which is particularly important when we are working remotely and are likely to be working in a hybrid capacity for the foreseeable future.
So, if you are eager to grow the impact of an influential charity that helps hundreds of thousands of people each year, we want to hear from you.
As the Director of Corporate Services, you will have shared responsibility for the overall leadership and management of Money Advice Trust, including embedding our values at all levels.
You will provide strategic leadership to our Finance, HR and Business Support and Compliance and Risk functions, harnessing these capabilities to add value and improve the effectiveness of our whole organisation.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will:
- Deliver complex cross-organisational projects in a collaborative and effective manner
- Be accountable for the preparation of the annual report and annual returns to the Charity Commission, Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Companies House
- In conjunction with the SLT and MT, manage change programmes to enhance our services
- Foster a positive, inclusive culture throughout the organisation
We welcome applications from senior leaders from a wide range of backgrounds, whether that’s the charity, public or private sector. To join us as our Director of Corporate Services, you will need:
- Significant experience of working at a senior level
- Proven experience of leading and managing complex, large-scale projects and service transformations
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary professional areas
- The ability to work collaboratively with other senior managers across all service areas to generate efficiencies, create synergies wherever possible and maximise outcomes
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to summarise complex, technical financial issues into concise reports and prepare complex, multi-faceted reports
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
Ideally, you will also be a qualified accountant (CCAB or equivalent).
Other organisations may call this role Head of Operations, Director of Corporate Operations, Operations Director, Transformation Project Manager, or Senior Change Project Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 8th March 2021. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 18th March and 26th March 2021. Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams.
Money Advice Trust welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic, or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
So, if you believe you could make a difference as our Director of Corporate Services, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: full time