Strategic Finance Business Partner - Adult Care and Health Services
Strategic Finance Business Partner – Adult Care and Health Services
£54,756 - £65,858
Reading Borough Council are entering a period of exciting change. Despite the challenges facing local authorities Reading are focused on improving the quality of life for residences, including investing in new leisure facilities, reducing their carbon footprint, improving customer service and putting in place more self-enabling support within Social Care.
To support these changes and also to play a key role in the finance improvement programme underway at Reading, we are recruiting three finance roles including the Strategic Finance Business Partner for Adult Care & Health Services.
The Strategic Finance Business Partners for Adult Care & Health Services will lead a team who will need to embed themselves in the services to better understand the challenges and opportunities, creating initiatives to financially benefit the Council and becoming proactive and trusted financial advisers. They will be focused on helping the Adult Care & Health Directorate provide the right support, at the right time and in the right place, and increasing the focus on more self-enabling support – reducing the need for long term health and social care support. Key responsibilities include;
- Being the senior strategic financial adviser for Adult Care & Health Services as a key member of their directorate management team, working closely with the Executive Director, Assistant Directors and other stakeholder, including Members
- Being the S151 Officer’s representative in regard of all financial matters relating to the directorate
- Delivering a robust and pro-active financial planning and reporting service as well as driving and maintaining high standards of financial control
- Understanding cost drivers, risks and opportunities to generate ideas and create initiatives for Adult Care & Health Services, as well as providing challenge
- Developing a high performing customer focused team to support decision making
To be suitable for this role you need to be a fully qualified customer-focused finance professional with the ability to build relationships and influence senior stakeholders. You will have proven experience of developing a business partnering approach at management level, ideally within a social care setting.
All initial working will be remote, with significant flexibility to work from home for up to 3 days in the longer term.
For more information on Reading, the recruitment process and to see the job description please contact Matthew Swindell on 07921 337926 or Will Ryan on 07789 871864 for a confidential conversation.
Apply for Strategic Finance Business Partner - Adult Care and Health Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly