Senior Capital & Technical Accountant
We are currently recruiting a Senior Capital & Technical Accountant to join a reputable local government organisation on a permanent basis.
The Senior Accountant (Capital & Technical) reports directly in to the Chief Accountant and plays a key role in monitoring and maximising the organisation’s capital resources, and in planning future capital programmes. Key responsibilities include;
- Preparing statement of accounts in accordance with statutory requirements, ensuring presentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Coordinating and preparing accounting to support the organisation’s capital programme
- Monitoring capital expenditure and the use of capital resources, and advising the Head of Corporate finance to optimise the organisation’s financial position
- Planning and directing the closure of accounts in conjunction with the Chief Accountant
- Providing technical and capital accounting advice to the organisation
- Developing and motivating the team, including the supervision of 2 members of staff
To be suitable for the role you need to be fully Qualified, or Part-Qualified with the ability to demonstrate continuing professional development. The successful candidate will also have the ability to demonstrate strong technical expertise, the ability to interpret complex and evolving legislation, and improve and develop the organisation’s processes.
Previous experience within a local authority setting is ideal, but applications from those in the wider public sector will be considered.
Apply for Senior Capital & Technical Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly