Interim Financial Accountant
CIPFA-Penna are delighted to be working in partnership with a Scotland based local authority organisation who are looking for an Interim Financial Accountant. The successful candidate will act as the lead for the preparation of year-end financial accounts, and to liaise with external auditors as part of the annual audit exercise.
Key responsibilities include;
- To manage and provide advice, guidance, challenge and information on financial matters to both internal services and external organisations at all levels of the organisations.
- To pro-actively project manage all aspects of financial accountancy activities, including being the main point of contact for service departments and external auditors, and quality assurance of accounting entries and working papers.
- To assist in planning, managing and undertaking the Budget exercise.
- To provide guidance on the interpretation and application of all relevant accounting legislation and codes of practice.
- To manage the general ledger system and key processing activities, to ensure that the financial transactions are correct, complete and robust.
- To act as lead on the preparation of the Annual Accounts and provide advice and support to services with their year-end activities.
- To ensure compliance with Financial Regulations insofar as they relate to the overall governance and internal control arrangements, across the Council.
For further details please email me at email@example.com
Apply for Interim Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly