4 days left
- Full Time
Based at home, the Associate Director will work alongside a team of technical accounting specialists in an interesting and varying work environment. Every day brings a new challenge so you will need to be a team player, with great organisational skills so you can prioritise your day to ensure client deliverables are met.
This is a senior role within the Treasury Services using your experience to provide technical accounting, capital and treasury financial advice to public sector clients throughout the UK.
Strong technical accounting experience and communication skills both written and verbal are a must have for this role. You will also need to gaining insight into client’s needs at pace and deliver customer focused solutions.
Key Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities
- Provide technical accounting support as part of the Technical Accounting team to:
- Deliver bespoke mandates for technical accounting services as defined in client specification(s) as required
- Respond to queries and provide day to day advice to support client relationship managers and executives on technical matters arising from the implementation and interpretation of the relevant accounting Codes, policies, regulations and best practice.
- Assist in preparation of tenders specifications and proposals
- Research and development of technical accounting changes and support of consultation responses.
- Assist in preparation of training material /publications /presenting training to clients in technical workshops / seminars on areas such as Treasury Management Strategies and Prudential indicators and relevant technical accounting changes as required
- Develop /participate in and assist with any marketing initiatives such as regional / national conferences, seminars, events
- Responsible for line management of a Senior Technical Consultant Accountant and overseeing the work produced for clients.
- Foster a positive, efficient, and team-oriented environment
- Execute multiple priorities and projects on a daily basis
- Understand and clearly present complex financial information / problems arriving at solutions in writing and verbally in an appropriate way
- Ensure adherence to legal and regulatory requirements
- Support Link Group assurance programs that deliver effective risk management and compliance practices
Experience & Personal Attributes:
- A self-starter, being able to work to very tight deadlines and ability to operate within a strong ethic of team-working.
- Demonstrate a customer-focussed outlook in managing competing work priorities
- The Associate Director will work closely with Client Relationship Managers / Directors within our wider treasury team, and with Senior officers within public service organisations .
- Experience of advising on a wide range of financial issues in terms which non-technical people can follow. You will need to be able to demonstrate that you can operate at this level.
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CIPFA Qualified Accountant with 10 years + PQE / Fellowship
- University Degree in Accountancy/Business/Math or otherwise demonstrable strong aptitude for numeracy, or equivalent professional experience
- In depth experience of CIPFA/ UK GAAP/ IFRS and strong knowledge of either the Prudential Code and the regulatory framework governing public service organisations.
- Relevant technical accounting experience of local government capital finance(desirable)
- Due diligence experience and advantage.
- Professional demeanour and excellent client facing skills
- Demonstrated ability to structure and perform technical projects, manage client expectations and relationships
- Outstanding writing skills and a high competency in the English language and ability to explain complex financial information .
- An ability to devise strategies that are tailored to each prospective client; under- standing their needs and outlining suitable solutions.
- Excellent time management and the capability to work on multiple projects while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Staff management / development experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility with the potential travel requirements of client engagements if required
- Excellent user of Microsoft Office
Apply for Associate Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly