Network Advisor, Pensions and Treasury Management
Are you innovative, enjoy developing partnerships and comfortable with public speaking?
Do you want to take a leading role in CIPFA’s commercial and policy activities around pensions and treasury management activities?
If the answer is yes then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking to recruit a Networks Advisor to support CIPFA’s highly respected Pensions and Treasury Management Networks, which provide support to practitioners around investment, administration and governance.
Ideally you will be experienced in public sector pensions, have an understanding of pension fund investment (predominantly LGPS), local authority treasury management practices, policy and scrutiny functions, legislation, regulation and governance arrangements.
The role involves:
- Development and delivery of regional and national events, training and consultancy services
- Researching and writing technical briefings on latest issues facing public sector pensions and treasury management
- Regular contact with our stakeholders and respond to complex enquiries and proactively meet their needs
- have a professional accountancy qualification with significant post qualification experience in pensions and/ or treasury management
- have significant practical knowledge and experience of local authority pension investment, treasury management practices, legislation, administrative framework and governance
- have a current appreciation of the financial and other challenges facing local government pension funds and treasury management practices
- be effective at working independently, developing relationships, comfortable reporting at a senior level, and possess practical 'hands on' approach, together with excellent communication skills
- be a self-starter and have excellent commercial awareness of the public sector market.
In return we offer:
- 36 hour working week (normally between the hours of 9.00 am to 5.00 pm)
- 25 days annual leave
- Up to 10% employer's pension contribution
- Season ticket loans
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Exclusive employee discount and rewards at many major brands including health & well-being, retail, restaurants and mobile technology providers
We are currently working from home. In normal circumstances the location for the role is flexible, London/Chester/Homeworking.
Who we are….
The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) is a UK-based international accountancy membership and standard-setting body. We are the only such body globally dedicated to public financial management.
CIPFA believes that improving public services is the key to changing lives for the better and that good public financial management is central to achieving this ambition.
Our educational and advisory services support our members, students and other public finance professionals throughout their careers – helping them add value to their teams and the organisations for which they work.
Through our work, we help ensure public money is raised and spent with the highest degree of openness.
We are committed to making a real difference to the world we live in.
Interested? For a confidential discussion about the opportunity please call Head of Policy and Technical Don Peebles on 07919 044246.
Please note we may close the vacancy early once a sufficient amount of applications are received.
Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage.