Due to team movement and growth, we have an excellent opportunity for Assistant Accountants to join our Financial Operations division here at Solihull Council, supporting our Economy & Infrastructure team and the new UK Central (UKC) Finance team, responsible for supporting an exciting and ambitious UK Central regeneration and economic growth programme with the Urban Growth Company (UGC).
As an Assistant Accountant, you will be supporting the teams two Senior Accountants, working closely with managers and budget holders, providing professional financial advice and training, financial analysis, review and reporting and delivery of the financial cycle requirements for the Council.
You will have:
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English grades A*-C or 4-9 (or equivalent Level 2 qualifications)
- An MAAT qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a performance driven professional finance environment
As a fully qualified AAT or part qualified Accountant this role provides a varied and interesting mix of financial and management accounting responsibilities. You will support the delivery of a high profile, exciting and far reaching programme of work which will provide a great base for future development, learning and opportunity.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff discount card
To learn more and apply please click on the link below