Senior Finance Manager
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Reporting to APAC Regional Finance Director of Clinical Trial Division (CTD), this position will be responsible for the overall FP&A activities in China. The roles and responsibilities include developing and managing the annual operating plan, monthly forecasting and management reporting, and financial analysis to support the achievement of strategic decisions or business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibility:
Lead China finance team by demonstrating leadership skills, including providing coach / supervision / direction on both day-to-day job and ad hoc activities; developing team’s capabilities to better support strategic decisions / business objectives as business partner, and increasing team’s engagement and lower staff turnover.
Responsible for the Annual Operating Planning (AOP) processes, partnering with the country General Manager and functional leaders to develop annual financial targets and the associated plans.
Responsible for the monthly forecasting process to support the business to achieve financial performance targets
Implement internal controls from both financial and operational perspectives to ensure proper compliance with the corporate accounting policies / applicable reporting GAAP, the company policies, and the corporate governance requirements.
Liaise / coordinate with the country FP&A team to report CTD division financials and business update, and align reporting requirements / guidance etc.
Develop business case and perform commercial analysis to support crafting country strategies and making business decisions, including sales and marketing plan, capex spend, and investment decisions etc.
Work with functional leaders to identify opportunities and manage forecast to achieve financial targets and business objectives.
Other ad hoc projects / activities as required by APAC region and/or global.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and analytical skills are required
- Local GAAP and US GAAP knowledge
- Knowledge about Hyperion Reporting tools
- Organized with systematic approach to prioritization
- Ability to work independently
- Work under pressure
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objectives
- Degree holder with a recognized accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, ACCA)
- Minimum 12 years of experience in multinational companies, at least 5 years on the manager level
- Financial Planning and Analysis experience is a must
- Accounting and Controller experience is preferred
- Solid team leader with good interpersonal, management and analytical skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience in healthcare business is a plus
Self-motivated, independent, proactive and adaptable