This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified accountant to play a key role in the financial management of one of the leading schools in the UK.
Uppingham School, founded in 1584, is one of Britain’s leading co-educational independent boarding schools. As Accounts Manager, you will be joining a Finance Department team of nine staff. The team provides the accounting function for all the entities in the Uppingham School Group, which includes Uppingham School and Uppingham School Enterprises Ltd (Uniform Shop, Uppingham School Sports Centre and external lettings).
You will be responsible for the management of the Accounts team, and your key accountabilities will include:
- Maintaining appropriate and effective systems and procedures for financial control
- Producing monthly management accounts
- Supporting financial planning
- Assisting with annual budget preparation
- Ensuring financial reports, returns and management information are produced
- Preparing year-end figures for audit
- Leading and motivating Accounts staff and managing performance
To be considered for this role you will need to be a qualified accountant (preferably ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with experience of financial and management reporting and budgeting and the ability to analyse data. You will also need to be highly organised with meticulous attention to detail and the capacity to analyse and improve systems and working practices.
Equally important will be the confidence to query information and the ability to be assertive when necessary and work well under pressure and prioritise.
Experience in the education sector is desirable but not essential.
In return, we offer
- A strong and supportive staff team committed to raising standards
- An excellent contributory Pension Scheme
- 30 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank/Public Holidays
- 50% contribution to premiums for the School’s private health insurance scheme
- Free annual membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£25 joining fee)
- Access to a range of benefits through the Sodexo benefits platform, including discounts in restaurants, cinemas and shops, together with the Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free staff lunches in term time
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 4th February 2021 at 9am.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo full screening in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KSCiE), including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils will be explored at interview