The care of our 125,000 Mars Associates is at the center of how we are running our business during the COVID-19 pandemic. Keeping our Associates safe & preventing the spread of the virus is of the upmost importance for us. This includes candidates applying and interested in working for Mars. While we have open jobs available, the health, safety & wellbeing of all involved is our top priority, and we are taking action & guidance from leading health authorities & local governments. As a result, our application & recruitment processes have been adapted to be conducted virtually. Learn more about these changes here.
This position is a key enabler of principled leadership and good governance and control, driving the culture, ownership and capability of embedded Governance and Control in Pet Nutrition China market and supply.
- Enhance PN China governance culture and capability
- Uphold and embed highly effective control in key business & finance processes / policies, especially in market and supply
- Co-pilot business to ensure proper governance and control is in place to support sustainable growth
Context and Scope
- Conduct risk identification, assessment and mitigation for PN China.
- Partner with business stakeholders, i.e. Demand, Supply and Legal to strengthen effective business and financial controls and risk management.
- Enhance control environment across the organization by promoting Ethical Governance Compliance culture and ownership and improving associates’ awareness and capability.
- Review, update, develop and deploy policies and procedures to ensure internal and external compliance in the business environment in which it is operating.
- Lead market and supply to improve efficiency in operating processes and to strengthen financial control and compliance.
- Work with Mars Internal Audit to monitor audit finding compliance and avoid repeated audit issues.
- Support Ethics’ committee’s processes to ensure its smooth operation.
- Prepare and submit Ethics related reports to regional and corporate stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Finance or Accounting
- Professional certification such as CICPA / ACCA / CIA a plus
- 4+ years of Big-4 Accounting firms audit experience with progressive responsibilities is a must
- 2+ years of in-house audit, internal control or finance operation experience with progressive responsibilities. Experience in FMCG or consumer industry is preferred
- Organized, strong business acumen, with solid accounting knowledge, GAAP knowledge, SAP knowledge, process management experience
- Support monthly close process and analysis to ensure delivery of high-quality financials. General Ledger experience is preferred
- Be a principled individual who has the courage to stand alone
- Tracked record in driving step-changing projects
- Demonstrated ability to build x-function collaboration
- Strong communication skill, fluent written and oral English a must