A Local Authority client are currently recruiting for an Interim Budget Planning Accountant
- To develop the organisations Medium Tern Financial Strategy (MTFS)
- Lead the organisations response and understanding of national issues in relation to funding; Comprehensive Spending Reviews, Budget Reports and the Local Government Settlement etc.
- Co-ordinate the Annual Budget Process to deliver an effective programme to ensure the organisation delivers to the statutory deadlines.
- Set and deliver an annual training plan for the organisation to improve the financial capability of non-financial managers across the organisation and knowledge within the Finance Team
- Deliver the work programme set by the Head of Finance including leading on cross cutting projects on behalf of the Head of Finance and representing the organisation with external bodies.
- Preparing figures for the MTFP, working on strategic and operational budgeting for organisation drafting briefings and narrative for budget submission report.
You will be CCAB qualified and have experience of working within financial strategy in a local government setting,
This role will be remote working for the foreseeable due to COVID-19