Luton Borough Council - we move as one team.
We’re proud to make Luton a borough without boundaries. It means every single person works hard to achieve remarkable things.
Luton is a vibrant, ambitious, innovative place to live and work, committed to making powerful changes - not only within the council, but across the whole borough. With excellent transport links, Luton Council owns the fifth biggest and fastest growing major airport in the country, and our company London Luton Airport Ltd (LLAL) receives income of around £27 million per year. This valuable source of income supports Council and community projects, not just in Luton but also in surrounding areas.
To help with this and to ensure financial sustainability and improve economic development across the region, they are recruiting four roles including the Senior Accountant (Systems).
The Senior Accountant reports directly in to the Finance Systems Manager and plays a key role in developing all of the Council’s financial systems to provide excellent financial information in a cost effective and efficient manner. Key responsibilities include;
- Leading, developing and maintaining the Council’s corporate financial systems
- Maintaining interfaces in the corporate financial systems, working closely with the Information Management department
- Supporting the Systems Administrator for the integrated suite of financial software, and ensuring the integrity of the Council’s general ledger
- Providing expert financial advice through being the Council’s main expert in report writing for the systems maintained
- Supporting the systems processes for the preparation of estimates
- Supporting projects relating to various systems
- Testing and implementing new releases for the integrated suite of financial software and related systems
To be suitable for the role you need to be a variety of reporting and scripting tools, and be fully Qualified (or Part-Qualified with the ability to demonstrate continuing professional development). The successful candidate will also have in depth experience of using IT based financial management systems and the use and development of integrated spreadsheets to produce financial and management information.
Previous experience within a local authority setting is ideal, but applications from those in the wider public sector will be considered.
For more information about Luton, the interview processes and to see the job description please contact Matthew Swindell at Allen Lane for a confidential conversation.