Responding to a cross-London call to action on the response to the escalating climate change crisis, this ambitious London Borough are developing a programme to ensure that businesses and residents across the area doing their bit to support the 2030 net zero-carbon emissions target. As Programme Lead, you’ll bring passion, publicity and professionalism to the execution of this and other local environmental goals.
From identifying best practice on minimising the negative environmental impact of local activity to establishing the infrastructure of a robust programme, you will have a wide range of responsibilities, all geared towards helping the council develop a vision and purpose to their work in this area, and pull together decisions makers from a variety of internal and external stakeholders to common purpose.
We are looking for applications which can clearly demonstrate the following:
- An understanding of the subject matter in a business or corporate setting
- Some experience of government work in this area on either a local or national level
- Programme leadership experience including infrastructure, resource identification and management and the implementation of effective methodology
The skills needed will be varied and inter-related, and the right applicant will offer:
- Clear passion and knowledge of the subject matter
- The ability to create and nurture partnerships across various sectors/industries
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to influence and lobby
- Evidence of effective project or programme delivery experience
If you are passionate about the environment, and can offer recent experience of project delivery using the skills outlined above, then we are really looking forward to hearing from you. Please send a resume addressing the bullet points above and a short covering note explaining your current work situation and why this assignment appeals to you.