German Tax Compliance
- Supports the calculation of German CFC income. This includes especially the reproduction of legal entity structures in Excel.
- Prepares monthly tax payments forecasts.
- Supports Escape Clause documentation requirements.
- Reviews tax returns and financial statements.
- Reviews incoming tax assessments against returns.
- Prepares Trade Tax allocation calculations.
- Performs tax calculations.
- Forecasts the annual fees of the chamber of commerce.
- Maintains an internal controlling ledger covering tax related due dates (including e.g. filing deadlines, time limit for appeals, extension of time limits, etc.).
US International Tax Compliance & Tax Accounting
- Assists the team with reviewing interim and year-end financial reporting of income tax expense including deferred income tax expense items, roll forwards and return to provision true up
- Supports documentation of German tax structure maintenance
General Tax Admin Support
- Assists with preparation of step plans, transaction control sheets and closing binders related to tax-initiated transactions
- Supports German tax group compliance (execution of profit and loss pooling agreements, calculation of interest and necessary re-contributions, monitoring of German GAAP compliance status of the opcos)
- Tracks the development of IC balances (current account of US companies).
- Tracks cash pool balances of all German entities on a monthly basis.
- Regularly updates the internal repository of tax related documents and internal checklists.
- Supports the team with other tax compliance related admin matters
Formal Education & Certification
- Successfully completed degree in Business Administration (Bachelor/Master) or
- Successfully completed training as tax accountant assistant
- English language skills required
Knowledge & Experience
- Experienced in German income tax and German GAAP compliance matters
- First experience in the reporting of current and deferred income taxes under US GAAP
- Use of tax compliance tools such as DATEV, good command of MS Office software
- ERP systems such as Oracle, JDE, SAP etc. a plus
- Must be hands-on, structured, extremely reliable and be able to work with a variety of contacts in a variety of different businesses, organized as both partnerships and corporations
- Eager to learn and open to new challenges
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Must possess and display a high regard for business ethics and fair play
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.