Finance Business Partner
- Full Time
My client is a leading, global Medicare company looking for a Finance Business Partner on a Permanent basis in Munich, Germany. This role requires someone with a Professional to Fluent level of German Speaking, and a background in Medical devices/Pharma or similar.
About the role:
As Associate Director, you will be playing a key role in translating the strategy into action, executing relevant plans brilliantly, seen as the 'go-to' person for finance by the commercial Director and wider business.
You are the primary interface into Finance for the Business, providing insight and challenge as you influence the definition of the long-term strategy, the allocation of Group resources and the delivery of agreed targets and KPIs so as to identify potential performance gaps. Within Finance, you are the Business advocate, focusing beyond the Finance boundary and leading on cross-functional collaboration. Key is the overt ownership of relationships with multiple stakeholders, consistently building executive confidence by showing yourself to be an expert across your BU and relevant markets.
You will be accountable for the Financial Business Partnering provided to German region of the Advance Wound Care Business Unit within the business. Key to delivery within this role will be working directly with the BU Heads and other senior Business leaders, setting out and delivering on the BU strategy, and managing BU performance over multiple measures through robust balanced scorecard reporting.
At this time, the Finance function within the business is going through a period of transformation. Due to this, the level of direct analysis production and engagement with FP&A colleagues will be materially higher than expected after the period of transformation. The acquiring of suitable analysis to support the accountabilities below will therefore be an additional accountability.
Your Key Accountabilities:
- Providing financial expertise within the development of the Strategic Plan.
- Providing insight into strategic resource allocations.
- Providing a benchmarked external lens to strategic decisions.
- Leading the development and delivery of strategy translation into short, medium and long-term financial and non-financial targets and KPIs (EBIT, revenue growth, cash flow).
- Identifying potential performance gaps, ensuring transparency of business actions and identifying areas for course correction through balanced scorecard reporting.
- Utilising market and competitor insights within the business decision making processes.
- Providing support with Pricing Strategies, Tender Processes, Wholesaler negotiations and Rebate Agreements.
- Delivering analysis in a manner which supports the development of models and frameworks which ensure the efficient and effective management. of sales and marketing activity, including Advertising & Promotions, Salesforce Effectiveness, and Backorders/Issues.
- Provision of manufacturing cost analysis and the utilisation of an effective Standard Costing Model.
- Provision of R&D cost analysis.
- Developing and implement guidelines, target setting and reviews for working capital.
- Coordinating the (financial) progression of Transformation initiatives; provide robust costing insight for Product/Market launches; develop robust business cases; and conduct post-event evaluation of investment.
- Working with Finance Process Leads to ensure the output of these processes not only deliver control and efficiency, but also value to the business.
Although this role doesn't have any direct report, you will need to engage and influence the prioritisation of delivery within the FP&A teams.
- Your Key stakeholders internally and externally
- BU Commercial Directors
- BU CoE VPs
- Commercial Leadership team
- FP&A specialists
- Global Marketing
- Industry Peers
Our successful candidate will already be leading an operating unit and had strong Finance Business Partnering, with ideally a business degree or MBA and accountancy qualifications - (ACA/ACCA/CIMA equivalent) with fluency in English (other languages an advantage)
Previous medical products and technologies experience desired as well as the following key skills/behaviours:
- MUST BE GERMAN SPEAKING TO A PROFESSIONAL TO FLUENT LEVEL
- Senior Stakeholder engagement
- Strategic thinking and ability to shape the business strategy
- Ability to drive transformation
- Big picture thinking
- Commercial Awareness
- Strong Communication skills
- Decision Making
- Trust & Integrity
- Impact, Influence & Negotiation
- Strong analysis & Insight
- Ability to challenge the status quo
Due to a high volume of candidates, we will only be able to respond to those who meet the above requirements. If you have not had a response within 14 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.