About the role…
We have two fantastic opportunities for Consultants, qualified accountants, ideally CPFA, to join our expanding and dynamic Consultancy team. The positions will play a key role in delivering a broad and exciting range of consultancy projects and programmes. You could be working at national level with Government departments, or more locally, with a whole range of local authorities, UK police forces and other publicly funded organisations. CIPFA is nationally and internationally recognised as a leading provider of public financial management, improvement and change expertise.
You will be dynamic, confident, and driven with excellent interpersonal skills. You will have two - three years post-qualification experience and we welcome applicants from a private or public-sector background. We are looking for people who want to make a difference in the public sector.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Being part of a team and/or leading on client assignments. These range from finance-led improvement projects; supporting clients with Finance systems replacement projects; savings and transformation projects and programmes and a whole range of other finance-related projects.
- Working with key members of public sector organisations, usually at CEO, Section 151 (FD), directors and heads of service level.
- Working closely with clients to understand their needs, drawing out the critical issues and working with clients to develop practical solutions to their problems and challenges.
- Developing consultancy leads and identifying and working with others to develop, win and deliver new opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with the Business Development and advisory services teams to promote CIPFA’s services.
- Undertaking assignments and projects to time and on budget, and liaising with clients and colleagues to ensure the project deliverables meet their expectations.
We are often looked to by our customers to provide thought leadership and advise on world class financial management. Applications would be encouraged from those with experience in (but not limited to):
- Financial accounting
- Budget and financial management
- Corporate restructuring (within the public sector)
- Social care finance
Salary - Competitive
Working from home and we are flexible with the location of the role. Some national travel within the UK and occasional overnight stay may be required in the future.
Help us build trust in public finance
Imagine working for a professional body that, as well as delivering support for its members, is a charity concerned with ensuring public finance is working to maximum effect in the interests of individual citizens and society at large. We are a not for profit organisation that sets the financial and accounting standards for UK and worldwide organisations to adopt, which trains chartered accountants and other finance professionals, and which supports its members throughout their careers with world class lifelong learning.
CIPFA, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, is the world’s only professional accountancy body to specialise in public services. We lead the way in public finance globally.
Our members work across public services in national audit agencies, major accountancy firms, and other organisations and companies around the world where public money needs to be managed.
Team members here find our unique scope makes CIPFA an exciting, varied and rewarding place to work. Delivering our mission takes skilled people, and we are committed to bringing in the best and supporting them as they develop their career with us, doing work that really makes a difference.
Interested? And up for a new challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please submit a copy of your CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience fits with what we're looking for.
Please note we may close the vacancy early once a sufficient amount of applications are received. Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage.