Interim Financial Strategy Accountant
My local government client currently has a need for an Interim Accountant to work alongside the Finance Manager on the council’s MTFS strategy.
- To develop the Council’s Medium Term Financial Strategy (MTFS) including the forecasting of the Council’s key areas of income e.g. Council Tax, Business Rates and RSG.
- Work on the Council’s response and understanding of national issues in relation to funding; Comprehensive Spending Reviews, Budget Reports and the Local Government Settlement etc.
- Co-ordinate the Annual Budget Process to deliver an effective programme to ensure the Council delivers to the statutory deadlines.
- Set and deliver an annual training plan for the Council to improve the financial capability of non-financial managers across the Council and knowledge within the Finance Team
- Deliver the work programme set by the Head of Finance/Finance Manager including leading on cross cutting projects on behalf of the Head of Finance/Finance Manager and representing the Council with external bodies.
You will be CCAB qualified with a proven back ground in the area of Financial Strategy/MTFS within a local government setting.
Due to COVID-19 this role will be remote working for the foreseeable.