The Council’s Finance Team is a great place to develop your career since you get to support a wide range of activities in one of the county’s most progressive and innovative Councils. The corporate culture is forward thinking, innovative, customer focused and built on a belief in partnership working. This role offers the flexibility of both office and home working to promote a healthy work/life balance.
In the Finance Team a commercial and results driven approach are important as you will be providing first class accounting, governance and financial sustainability.
As Finance Specialist you will be continuing the Council’s record of accurate and reliable financial reporting and will lead specialist technical financial areas across the service, helping them address future funding and accounting changes.
- Co-ordinate the production of the annual Statement of Accounts
- Take lead responsibility for the analysis, design and implementation of sound and effective financial control systems and working practices.
- Lead responsibility for specialist technical financial areas including the maintaining the Council’s asset manager system and capital closedown
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring a robust system of financial controls.
- Full membership of CCAB recognised body (e.g. CIPFA, ACCA, CIMA) – as a fully qualified accountant.
Role-specific technical skills
- In-depth technical knowledge of Local Government Finance / Accounting
- Experience in managing the asset valuation process
- Knowledge of producing all required capital working papers for both interim and year-end closedowns
- In-depth application of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Able to cope with demanding workloads and timescales
- Analytical and problem-solving skills