Group Tax Manager
Allen Lane are delighted to be working with a not-for-profit organisation providing digital services and solutions into UK education and research, our client is seeking a new Group Tax Manager on a permanent basis.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation where finance enables the delivery of strategic objectives. This organisation loves unique thinking, new ideas and value pride, pace, passion, trust and teamwork.
As Group Tax Manager, you will be responsible for developing the tax strategy. You will provide leadership within the specialist area of tax; develop and implement a strategy and operational plan to improve tax efficiency whist working a complex partial exemption method operating the UKs largest VAT tax exemption group.
You will monitor and report on tax, identifying areas of improvement while keeping abreast of changing taxation laws and requirements. You will develop proposals to ensure tax efficiency and compliance, respond to HMRC queries and complete the annual corporate tax returns and quarterly VAT returns. You will provide specialist advice and guidance to finance business partners on taxation matters and liaise with external auditors and tax advisors.
In order to be immediately effective in post, you must satisfy the following experience:
- A competent tax specialist with extensive knowledge of the UK tax system
- CTA, ACA qualified accountant or equivalent extensive experience
- Significant experience of tax planning as manager or equivalent
- A strategic thinker with ability to recognise and balance interdependencies to achieve long term goals
- Excellent problem-solving skills with evidence of successfully applying creative solutions
- Exceptional communications skills with the ability to communicate complex tax issues in a simple and impactful way
- Significant experience of delivering insightful and impactful analysis and advice to senior management
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise own workload and that of others in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines
- The ability to anticipate and adapt to new situations and issues to exploit potential opportunities.
Applicants with a background in the HE/FE or wider Public Sector will be of considerable interest. Please note that the role will require remote working initially. Longer-term, the successful candidate can be based in offices in London, Bristol, Harwell or Manchester.
In addition to a CV, applicants will also be expected to provide a supporting statement of no more than 2 pages in length. The closing date for applications is midnight on 22nd October, with interviews taking place in November.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and would like to register your interest for the role, please submit an up-to-date version of your CV. For more information on the opportunity, please contact Ed Stroud directly: email@example.com | 07920 104 751