“Happy to talk flexible working”
About the role and team
The Financial Services Team is fundamental to the business, providing on-going support, advice and challenge on the organisation’s financial arrangements.
As the Principal Accountant, you will adopt a business partnering approach and will actively participate in the smooth delivery of the following key financial processes for revenue and capital: budget setting, budget monitoring, closedown and also producing the statement of accounts.
Each member of the team has responsibility for at least one area of technical accounting, will be allocated project work and may undertake the occasional procurement of contracts.
The Financial Services Team uses matrix management to achieve its objectives, and so, this post would, at times, direct the activities and workload of any or all of the 9 officers within the Financial Services Team, in consultation with the Financial Services Manager and the Chief Accountant.
In turn, the activities of the Principal Accountant could be directed by another member of the team, particularly on project work, where a team member has been assigned the lead role.
You will hold a Professional accountancy qualification with either a CCAB member (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS and Chartered Accountants Ireland) or CIMA
- We are looking for someone who is an enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- You will be tenacious and have the ability to deliver high workloads within tight timescales.
- You will have good interpersonal skills and be a qualified accountant with experience of supporting complex service delivery, preferably within local government.
- If you get excited about trying out new ideas and are always on the lookout for better ways of doing things, then you might be the new team member that we are hoping will join us.
- This is an excellent opportunity to make a strong contribution to the Financial Services Team over the coming years.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Paul Taylor on 01306 879383.
Alternatively you can contact HR
Closing date for applicants: Midday 19 October 2020
Virtual Interview dates: 29 October 2020
Politically restricted: Yes
“Celebrating diversity and promoting inclusion for all”
How to apply
Click Apply Now or email our careers inbox submit your CV along with a supporting statement, to let us know how you meet the required skills and experience of the job description and person specification.