Group Accountants (three posts)
The London Borough of Redbridge is looking for three Group Accountants in the Finance Department. The Group Accountant will act as a principal point of contact and support a portfolio of service managers, providing effective support and challenge to these senior colleagues within the Council, and work in support of the heads of finance business partnering. Two of the roles will support the People Directorate, working alongside colleagues in Childrens and Adults. The third will support the Communities Directorate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering financial management services to a range of Council service areas
- Provide a professional lead within the Finance Service
- Provide high quality financial services to senior stakeholders across all service areas
- Supporting the statutory accounts process and delivery of the Council’s statement of accounts and associated financial returns
- Provide effective management of a team in the Finance Service
- Support the Head of Business Partnering providing input to the development of business strategy and plans.
- CCAB/CIMA qualified or significant experience of working at senior level in a finance team within a large and complex organisation
- Experience of financial management in a large and complex organisation
- Experience of financial modelling
- Understanding of the local authority legislative framework in relating to financial reporting and accounting.
Please click the ‘Apply’ button to apply and find out more.
Closing date: 18th September 2020