7 days left
- Full Time
We are looking to recruit an experienced auditor to work within the Council’s Internal Audit team. You will work as part of a team to deliver a wide range of audits including complex audits of a strategic nature relating to corporate governance reviews, fraud investigations and ad-hoc projects. You will also assist with the development and direction of other members of the Internal Audit team in providing an audit service to a professional standard.
Applicants should have a good knowledge and understanding of audit techniques, especially systems and risk based auditing. Working knowledge of computer aided audit tools, along with experience of audit approaches including corporate governance and fraud and irregularity would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong analytical, report writing and communication skills. Candidates should be CCAB qualified, or hold a recognised auditing qualification such as IIA. Alternatively we would consider candidates who are AAT qualified with good audit experience.
In return we provide:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses.
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent smarter working facilities.
- A friendly, diverse, dynamic and supportive team.
- The opportunity to input into this innovative service.
- Comprehensive reward and benefits package, which includes generous terms and conditions of employment and access to a wide range of retail discounts and lifestyle savings.
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th November 2019