Director of Finance and Resources
Huddersfield New College is a stand-alone UK State-Sector Sixth Form College on a spacious green-field campus in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, easily commutable from the towns and conurbations of Yorkshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and North Derbyshire.
The college is graded ‘Outstanding’ in every category by Ofsted and the Department for Education has confirmed we are also in outstanding financial health.
Following the retirement of the previous post-holder, this is a vital appointment for our award-winning College. Reporting to the Principal, the Director of Finance and Resources has the primary responsibility for the financial management of the College and for delivering the College’s financial strategy. As a stand-alone Sixth Form College, rather than being a part of a Multi-Academy Trust, we can offer the successful candidate a role with considerable autonomy – one with real scope to effect change and to make a difference. Building on the work of your predecessor, the postholder will enjoy ample opportunity both to incrementally improve and to transform our systems. We are looking for someone with dynamic ideas and working practices, who can further strengthen our College and safeguard us for the future. We have ensured that the College’s finances are as robust as possible, and we are determined that despite real-term cuts to funding, faced by all Colleges, our young people will experience no drop in the quality of experience they receive.
The role will suit:
- A qualified accountant (with recognised accountancy qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA) who has a thorough understanding of financial policies and procedures.
- Someone with a good track record of working at a senior level in Finance, ideally (but not essentially) in education.
- Someone with excellent communication skills.
We would like the successful applicant to take up post as soon as possible, but we understand that we will need to be flexible, to meet your notice requirements.
There is, of course, no requirement that you be a teacher.
In return, we offer:
- Full membership of the College’s Senior Leadership Team
- An exciting post in a successful and award-winning organisation serving local communities.
- The opportunity to shape and develop a College that makes a real difference to the lives of young people.
- The challenge and stimulation of working alongside both dedicated educationalists, capable support service managers, and professionally highly-qualified colleagues.
- Generous annual leave entitlements and pension scheme (details available on request)
They are available during the working day, in the evening or at weekends to answer any questions you have and to help you make your application.
Please note, however, that (in common with most UK Schools and Colleges) we do not accept CVs.
The closing date for applications is Monday 2nd December 2019 at 11pm. Interviews will probably be held the following week – please do let us know if those dates would cause problems for you.
HNC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.