Salary range: Grade 13 - £41,675 - £44,632 pro-rata, per annum
Work location: County Hall, Oxford - with the ability to work in an agile way across the county
Hours per week: Up to 37 per week
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: 11 November 2019
Interview date: w/c 18 November 2019
We are open to discussions about flexible working/job share.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Treasury Manager to join the Finance team within Oxfordshire County Council
You’ll be that person who is always on the lookout for ways to do things better, faster, and more efficiently. You’ll get excited about trying out new ideas, keeping up with changes and innovation within the industry, and wowing people with the service you provide. It’s important to us that you’re a team player – we’re a close-knit team and we all pull together to get things done.
As Treasury Manager, you’ll need to be proactive and organised, be able to keep multiple plates spinning, and can manage, motivate and develop a team while you’re doing it. As you’ll be working with people of all levels, it is absolutely key that you can provide great customer service and deliver training to financial and non-financial specialists.
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
- Experience in treasury management, money market dealing and cashflow management
- Qualified accountant
- Previous people management experience
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and the ability to negotiate
About the role
In your role as Treasury Manager, you’ll be a key member of the Treasury Management Strategy Team; you’ll provide technical advice to Senior Officers and Councillors, recommend short and long-term treasury management strategies and manage the performance and operational delivery of the treasury team.
You’ll manage a small Treasury Management team with responsibility for keeping them task focussed and motivated, whilst responding to changes in guidelines for the operation of a Treasury Management function and implementing frequent new information requirements and policies.
We’re a place where people make a difference to our members, feel valued and have fun. Our values are our guiding principles. They define how we work and help us to do what we do so well. Our values are; working together in a supportive and honest way, striving to find the best solutions and being open to change and doing things differently.
We have an incredibly exciting journey ahead of us as we deliver an ambitious transformation programme to helps us achieve our strategic objectives and meet the financial targets set out in our Medium-Term Financial Plan. An integral part of this programme is a review of Finance operations.
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home.
Our benefits are great too:
- We are proud of our strong flexible working culture, including the opportunity for flexibility on working hours and the use of technology to support remote working.
- A generous holiday allowance which rises as you remain in employment with us. We offer 27-32 days paid holiday (depending on continuous service) plus bank holidays. We also have the option to purchase additional leave.
- Access to membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme which is a 19.9% employer pension contribution rate.
- A host of enhanced family friendly policies.
- A range of learning and development opportunities from classroom-based training, coaching, mentoring, shadowing, eLearning and staff network groups.
- Access to brilliant local and national staff discounts.
Would you like to know more?
For an informal discussion please call Hannah Doney, Strategic Finance Manager on 07584 174654.
To apply, please send your CV and a supporting statement, which clearly explains how you meet each of the criteria for the role to Hannah Doney, Strategic Finance Manager on email@example.com