Head of Finance
I am actively looking to recruit a Head of Finance for a Central Government body based in London.
You need to be an experienced fully qualified accountant to lead on a diverse portfolio focussed on strategic aspects of financial reporting, financial management and financial control in the Department.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for delivering and leading a high-quality finance function that supports the department's needs in strategic financial planning
- You will work closely with the existing Finance manager who has responsibility for budget management and Finance business partnering
- You will contribute to the work of the Departmental Board, Audit & Risk and People & Resources committees, ensuring that robust financial management and control processes are in place and that the Department’s senior management is supported in taking high-level, strategic decisions
- The annual budget process and ensuring that spend remains within delegated budgets, including workforce/salaries planning
- Responding to all forecast/budget related commissions
- Developing and improving processes, systems and controls with a view to ensuring the department is compliant
- Provide line management, technical and professional leadership to the wider finance team
I am requiring someone who has a Strategic approach to managing budget and risks. Ideal to someone who has managed a SR, has good contacts with HMT and NAO and above all someone who will be credible to senior staff.
Essential Key Requirements:
- SC cleared
- Meet the criteria above
Please ensure you meet the criteria above before applying.
Apply for Head of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly