RG7-RG8 (SCP 33-45) £35,934 - £47,540 pa
If you’re looking to combine a challenging new role with an excellent quality of life, take a close look at Reading Borough Council. You’ll be part of an ambitious organisation that’s driven by innovation, fresh thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit. You’ll also discover a superb location with good transport links, just 40 miles from London, that combines one of Europe’s strongest performing economies with some of England’s most beautiful countryside right on the doorstep. As for your future, there’s everything to gain. As a learning organisation, we offer exceptional opportunities for training, development and career progression.
This role is required to support the Financial Planning Lead in the production and presentation of the Medium Term Financial Strategy. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Co-ordination and quality assurance of the monthly Monitoring Process.
- To identify opportunities to drive improvements in systems and processes that will improve the data quality feeding into reports.
- Provide information as required to Senior Managers and Boards as required in a clear and accessible form.
- Take responsibility for the creation and daily update of the Outturn Monitoring Report for use of the Business Partnering Team during Closing of Accounts.
The following experience is required for this role:
- Already qualified or qualified within one year of appointment.
- Recent Local Authority experience.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Able to work independently and use own initiative.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail whilst still being able to see the big picture.
- Able to network and build relationships quickly.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays – rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave.
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities.
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Onsite day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees.
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to and from work.
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax.
For more information on this position please contact email@example.com
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2757 quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.
Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. Please be aware that for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email EmployeeSelfService@reading.gov.uk with details.
Closing date: Monday 11 of November 2019.
Interviews: w/c 18 November 2019.
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change