Finance Business Partner – Operations & Corporate Services
1 day left
- Full Time
The British Antarctic Survey (BAS), part of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), aims to be a world-leading centre for polar science and operations.
We are looking to appoint a Finance Business Partner to
- Deliver financial planning and analysis
- Manage high profile projects
- Lead the capital and fixed asset process
- Support our Operations (including Ships, Research Stations and Air Unit) and Corporate Services Divisions
Deliver financial planning & analysis, manage high profile projects and lead the capital and fixed asset process supporting Operations & Engineering (including Ships, Research Stations and Air Unit) and Corporate Services Divisions.
Qualified CCAB or equivalent accountant with post qualification experience working in organisations with complex financial service delivery.
1) Budget holder engagement (including budgetary process for resource and capital, monthly and year-end management reporting, review meetings, forecasting, training, etc.).
2) Manage performance and professional development of a team of three staff members.
3) Deliver financial forecasts for three to five years as part of the Centre Activity and Resource Plan (CARP) in the unique Antarctic Logistics Infrastructure (ALI)/Non-ALI format.
4) Financial stewardship for project managers.
5) Support Head of Finance in delivering relevant Finance work streams for BAS Transformation Programme and enhance current Financial processes and procedures.
6) Ensure governance and compliance with Financial Policies.
7) Represent/Deputise across various forums including Operations Coordination Group (OCG), Corporate Services Senior Management Team, South Georgia Liaison Committee Meeting.
8) Collaborate with key stakeholders including United Kingdom Research & Innovation (UKRI), UK Shared Business Services (SBS), Procurement & Commercial Partners and Programme Management Office (PMO) to ensure the strategic mission of BAS is achieved.
9) Produce Annual Business Plan.
10) Management of assets.
11) 9 month and Year end audit support.
12) Any other duties as required by the Director.
On-line application forms and further information are available on our website at www.bas.ac.uk/vacancies.
These are also available from the Human Resources Section, British Antarctic Survey, High Cross, Madingley Road, Cambridge, CB3 0ET. Tel: (01223) 221508.
Please quote reference: BAS 101/19
Closing date for receipt of application forms is: 20th October 2019
Interviews are scheduled to be held on: 7th November 2019
BAS is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and promoting equality in careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and have an active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme of activity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. People from ethnic minorities and disabled people are currently under-represented and their applications are particularly welcome. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the job. We are open to a range of flexible working options, including job sharing, to support childcare and other caring responsibilities.