Business Partners x3
If you’re looking to combine a challenging new role with an excellent quality of life, take a close look at Reading Borough Council. You can look forward to an open plan, modern working environment, as well as an ambitious team of colleagues who work together to make a positive difference for our communities. Personally too, you’ll find a great future in Reading. Here’s the smart living choice that combines many of the benefits of the big city experience with an outstanding quality of life.
About the role
This role will be sufficiently connected to the Directorate of Economic Growth & Neighbourhood Services/ Directorate of Adult Care & Health Services to generate ideas and create initiatives to the financial benefit of the Council, while being clearly a Finance Function advocate, maintaining independence of thought and action to be able to challenge the directorate as necessary.
You will be required to:
- Work with the relevant strategic business partner in delivering a high quality finance function in support of the objectives of the directorate and within the budgetary provision made available
- Create and deliver significant initiatives that improve service delivery and save money.
- Support the Chief Accountant in delivering, on time, all annual statutory returns for the Council including the RA and RO submissions
You will be a member of the business partner team, enabling quality decision making, to achieve successful outcomes, providing financial insight in shaping organisational strategy and major transformations to achieve corporate outcomes.
The following experience is essential for this role:
- Business Partnering or equivalent experience.
- Understanding and experience of medium term financial planning, budget setting, monitoring of financial performance and closing of accounts
- Strong communication skills for dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience of Local Authority Finance (preferred but not essential)
- CCAB qualified accountant
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Relocation scheme offering up to £8,000 towards the cost of relocating permanently to Reading (only for approved posts)
For more information on this position please contact email@example.com.
PLEASE CONFIRM ON YOUR APPLICATION IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE PERMANENT ROLES OR FIXED TERM OR BOTH.
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2757 quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.
Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. Please be aware that for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email EmployeeSelfService@reading.gov.uk with details.
Closing date: 30 September 2019
Interview date: w/c 7 October 2019
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change.