Senior Non Current Asset (NCA) Accountant
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
Are you an experienced accountant who is ready for a new challenge within a specialist and unique organisation? DIO is responsible for managing MODs estate and providing assurance and sound advice on the financial information of that estate is a key requirement
The Senior Non Current Asset (NCA) Accountant post provides strategic support to DIO and MOD (estate) asset financial management. The role is to provide governance, advice and guidance to a number of stakeholders within DIO and across the MOD.
- Lead and Manage the Non-Current Asset (NCA) team to provide assurance on DIO’s NCA Register, driving continuous improvement in processes and procedures;
- Provide governance, interpretation, advice and guidance on property asset financial accounting requirements and their application within government accounting;
- Support effective NCA management through driving the consistent application of appropriate behaviours and practice across the wider organisation through engaging and influencing both financiers and non-financiers.
- Provide support to DIO’s engagement with relevant departmental work and projects around Balance Sheet management;
- Manage the Quin Quennial Review (QQR) valuations process for DIO Finance, ensuring appropriate financial governance and oversight;
- Provide NCA audit information and support to the Annual Report and Accounts (ARAC) and NAO audit process;
- Liaison with DBS ADMT on application of NCA and accounting transactions to the registers;
- Deliver (and evolve) robust, monthly reporting in support of DIO’s NCA element of the balance sheet.
Applicants should be aware that as part of the Defence Estates Optimisation Programme it is anticipated that the DIO Sutton Coldfield site will close and all staff will be relocated to Defence Medical Services (Whittington) near Lichfield as the preferred new site option. This relocation is currently expected to occur in the Summer of 2020.
We are passionate about delivering great things for our customers. But we also know you will have a life outside of work; we respect your priorities and our industry leading flexible working practices will give you real freedom to balance work and life.
We employ talented people who challenge and guide each other. At DIO you will work within a highly capable team who will support you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months service
- Alternative working practices
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday.
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period for volunteer reserve commitments.
- Special Paid Leave to volunteer up to 6 days a year.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Highly competitive pension scheme
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops.
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact: Cath Waldron on 07973 875689. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be made online at Civil Service Jobs (job reference 14086).
Closing date: 26 September 2019.