Senior Compliance Manager
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
DIO is seeking an experienced accountant who is ready for a new challenge within a specialist and unique organisation.
The DIO Senior Compliance Manager post provides strategic support to DIO by managing the effective delivery of Financial compliance, control and assurance activities across the Finance Directorate.
- Provide governance, interpretation, advice and guidance on compliance requirements across the Finance community. Drive consistent application of appropriate behaviours and practice across the wider organisation through engaging and influencing widely.
- Overseeing and managing the design and application of the finance control framework within DIO. Drive associated continuous improvement activities across the function.
- Oversee and support DIO Finance’s input into related assurance activities, including the Annual Assurance Return and supporting activities.
- Manage the application of financial delegations, RACI matrices and financial governance frameworks / activities across the function.
- Liaise effectively across Corporate Governance functions to ensure effective communication and alignment / coherence of activities, and input into relevant initiatives.
- Use collaborative and open communication to manage multiple stakeholders and competing requirements to develop compliance activities to deliver improvement in controls and assurance
Applicants should be aware that as part of the Defence Estates Optimisation Programme it is anticipated that the DIO Sutton Coldfield site will close and all staff will be relocated to Defence Medical Services (Whittington) near Lichfield as the preferred new site option. This relocation is currently expected to occur in the Summer of 2020
We are passionate about delivering great things for our customers. But we also know you will have a life outside of work; we respect your priorities and our industry leading flexible working practices will give you real freedom to balance work and life.
We employ talented people who challenge and guide each other. At DIO you will work within a highly capable team who will support you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months service
- Alternative working practices
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday.
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period for volunteer reserve commitments.
- Special Paid Leave to volunteer up to 6 days a year.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Highly competitive pension scheme
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops.
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact: Cath Waldron on 07973 875689. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be made online at Civil Service Jobs (job reference 14098).
Closing date: 26 September 2019.