Senior Finance Manager - Management Accounts & Finance Support
Big changes. No excuses. That's what we're delivering at Wirral Council. We've got ambitious targets to meet by 2020. To achieve everything we have promised to our residents, we need people who are driven and ready to deliver the very best for our communities.
Wirral is home to vibrant, energetic and engaged communities, people who take real ownership of their local area and are passionate about making Wirral a better place.
It is a fantastic place to live, work and visit.
We are an employer who supports, who is flexible but who demands the very best.
Following a team restructure, Wirral Council is recruiting a Senior Finance Manager - Management Accounts & Finance Support, to lead a proactive, customer focussed team that supports the achievement of the Council and its partners' long-term vision, through the provision of a key finance management unit responsible for:
- providing dedicated, professional finance support aligned to the organisation's structure,
- providing management accountant related services, including the provision of financial information, to budget holders,
- reviewing, scrutinising and challenging financial information, concepts and proposals,
- supporting decision-making at organisation-wide and service area levels,
- setting the standard for financial performance management through budgetary control and ensuring proper alignment of resources with key performance indicators.
We are seeking an experienced, senior-level, qualified accountant, who can work with a range of stakeholders in order to bring about positive changes to current operations.
You'll need excellent interpersonal and influencing skills to develop sustainable and beneficial relationships, along with demonstrable leadership qualities of high performing teams delivering to business plan targets
You'll be leading a team consisting of qualified and part qualified accountants, requiring strong leadership from you with experience of staff management at a senior level being a key requisite.
A high level of commercial awareness will be required, requiring you to demonstrate an understanding of the changing face of the public sector.
Applications are welcome from people with experience from a range of backgrounds, not just local government.
No holding back. No excuses. Just change Wirral.
Sound like you? Bring it on.
Apply online at www.wirral.gov.uk