Financial Analysis & Reporting Manager
ROLE: Analysis and Reporting Manager
The Strategic Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting team work across DIT to develop a deep understanding of the financial position across the department in current and future years. Working alongside Finance Business Partners, the team co-ordinates the financial planning required for the Spending Review and in-year financial management, as well as producing high quality financial reports and analysis.
This role plays a key part in the analysis and management of DIT’s financial plans this year and into the future. The role is accountable for delivering high quality financial reports and analysis, mainly focused on in-year expenditure.
- Manage DIT’s financial plans – both present and future
- Deliver high quality financial reports and analysis, focused on in year
- Build knowledge of DIT’s expenditure, understanding, analysing and monitoring the financial risks and issues and then acting or escalating as needed
- Be proactive, curious and tenacious in collating data from a range of sources, analysing and interpreting it, looking for trends and spotting issues before they arise.
- Present and communicate complex data and information to a range of audiences as part of the month end reporting timetable, in response to ad hoc queries and to drive efficiencies across DITs budgets.
- Working with excel and complex data sets, using excel to quickly analyse and interpret data
- Presenting clear messages using excel, powerpoint and word to non-specialist and specialist audiences
- Working across organisational boundaries
- Broad skill and experience base
- Experience of using the principles of government accounting
Required Technical skills/qualifications:
- It is desirable to be fully or part-qualified by CCAB, CIMA or equivalent – or to have significant relevant experience
Personal Attributes & Skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to think strategically
- Delivers to high standards and tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite - https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 or get in touch with Tim Salmon – DIT2019@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634