Financial Accountant x3
ROLE: Financial Accountant
The Financial Accounts team lead on the production of DIT’s financial accounts, DIT’s relationship with the National Audit Office (NAO) and advise DIT’s Financial Controller on the department’s delivery within its Control Totals. The team are also critical in embedding high quality financial accounting controls practices and processes in DIT, within and beyond the Finance team.
There are 3 roles available.
This role is high profile and play an important role in embedding high quality financial accounts and processes in the Department. The post holder will be key in delivering enhanced financial competence and capability across DIT.
- Helping design and implement sound financial controls
- Ensuring regular reconciliation and review takes place
- Proposing improvements to process and controls
- Preparation and review of month end and quarterly review packs
- Preparation and review of lead schedules and annual accounts
- Lead on tax-related matters
- Line management of 1 x HEO
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel.
Required Technical skills/qualifications:
- It is essential to be at minimum part-qualified by CCAB, CIMA or equivalent – or to have significant relevant experience
Personal Attributes & Skills:
- Successful candidates will have a broad skill base with a focus on producing financial accounts and information through innovative solutions.
- A credible and authentic leader, with the ability to, engage and motivate people to deliver results.
- Able and willing to make difficult decisions and stand by them,
- Able to communicate effectively to inspire your team and stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrate the confidence, composure and credibility needed to challenge the way activities are delivered
- Recognise change as an opportunity to deliver efficiency and innovation acting as an agent for change when you identify the chance to protect, drive and add value.
For more information on this position and other positions with DIT we are recruiting, please visit our dedicated microsite or get in touch with Tim Salmon