Salary Circa: £58,000
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Hertfordshire Constabulary is a modern, proactive police force that serves its communities and victims when they need us most. We employ over 2,000 police officers and are supported by around 250 special constables that work together to catch criminals and keep people safe. The county has a population of over one million with both rural and urban areas and our goal is to always make Hertfordshire a safe place to live, work and visit.
Purpose of the role
The main purpose of this role is to contribute to achieving the Forces visions and strategic goals. To ensure that revenue and capital budgets and completion of budget monitoring and statement of accounts are in line with financial regulations and accounting standards. You will deputise and support the Head of Finance in leading, managing and designing the overall finance department.
- You will manage the year end closedown process and lead on the production of statement of accounts.
- Ensuring the completeness of revenue and capital transactions and their impact on balance sheets in line with statutory timescales.
- You will manage the production of detailed budgets and direct the monitoring of revenue budgets whilst highlighting any issues to the Head of Finance when necessary
- You will promote overall awareness of the Constabulary through using effective resources and influencing constabulary leaders to achieve ambitions.
- Responsible for £184m revenue budget and £14m capital budget
- You will be CCAB qualified
- Ideally you will have knowledge of relevant legislation and codes of practice and have experience of providing strategic financial advice to senior stakeholders
- You will have experience of leading a professional finance team
- Ideally you will have knowledge of producing Local Government Statement of Accounts
- You will come from a public-sector background and have worked in a political
- organisation that faces public scrutiny regularly
For more information, or to set up a confidential conversation please contact Chris Macdonald at CIPFA-Penna on 0207 300 9104 or firstname.lastname@example.org