Interim Head of Finance
A London Borough currently has a need for an Interim Head of Finance to head up and support a complex and wide ranging directorate which includes: Environment; Leisure; Planning; Engineering; and Housing Management, Repairs, and Development (total spend c£500m per annum).
- You will be a member of directorate management team and key contact for the Executive Director, and regular cabinet member engagement
- You will lead a team of 12 finance officers (business partners, capital project advisors and management accountants) to embody values of business partnering approach: working proactively with services to provide high-quality financial support to facilitate delivery of organisational outcomes.
- You will be responsible for financial scrutiny and oversight of the council’s ambitious £1bn+ capital programme, incorporating the Community Investment Programme; the authorities plan to deliver over 3,000 new homes and a range of other community assets such as schools through mostly self-financed projects.
- Support the development and delivery of new wholly owned housing company.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- CCAB (or equivalent) qualified accountant
- A detailed knowledge of the strategic and technical framework within which individual local government services operate
- Experience of working with politicians
- Senior management experience
- Delivery of significant change programmes
Apply for Interim Head of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly