Governance and Reporting Finance Officer
Role: Governance and Reporting Officer
Department for International Trade
Salary - £30,561 - £34,173 per annum + £6,826 (fully qualified) / £2,508 (part-qualified) accountancy allowance
As part of DIT’s Financial Transformation and the increased capacity being invested in the DIT Finance Function, the Strategic Projects, Assurance and Capability team has been created to build additional capability within and beyond the Finance Function in variety of areas. These includes developing our financial capability across the department, and taking opportunities to deliver Continuous Improvements in our systems and processes right now. The team’s agenda also reaches into maturing DIT’s approach to governance, risk and fraud and how we strength our culture of financial rigour.
The role will expand our capacity for governance and assurance, enabling insight as well as ensuring our transparency and Freedom of Information Act commitments are met
- Be responsible for maintaining the Internal Audit Action Tracker, engaging with stakeholders across the department to follow up on actions and recommendations
- Developing management information on policy compliance to support Committees
- Assisting with queries on and the continuous improvement of finance policies
- Assisting with the development of the department’s Assurance Framework
- Working with stakeholders across the department to produce transparency reports for external publication
- Co-ordinating answers to Freedom of Information Act requests
- Co-ordinating answers to Parliamentary Questions
- Full study support of your finance qualifications (including AAT, CIMA, CIPFA ACCA and ACA)
- Civil Service pension
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home 1 day a week
- A heavy emphasis on CPD including 5 L&D days per year
- Experience in a finance, assurance or risk environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and manipulation of data
- Embedding change and realising benefits
- Experience in drafting Parliamentary Questions and responses to Freedom of Information Act requests
- Proficient in using finance systems and data visualisation
Personal skills and attributes
- Work collaboratively and sensitively, engaging with a wide range of different stakeholders.
- Challenge existing ways of working.
- Establish network of contacts to gather best practice.
- Prioritise competing demands.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Build momentum and deliver at pace.
- Grade: HEO
- Location: Westminster
- Deadline for applications: Midnight 15th September
Apply for Governance and Reporting Finance Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly