Senior Finance Officer
Department for International Trade
Salary - £30,561 - £34,173 per annum + £6,826 (fully qualified) / £2,508 (part-qualified) accountancy allowance
The Business Support Centre of Excellence (BSCE) team centralises financial processes, transactions and business support services to help deliver high quality financial processes across DIT. The team provide financial and process support for teams across DIT to help manage and deliver DIT’s budget.
There are 3 roles available.
These roles will work in teams led by the Business Support Lead to provide financial support and undertaking financial processes for the groups within the Department. They will also work closely with the other members of the Centre of Excellence to develop and improve the financial processes within the Department, ensuring they are delivered consistently and according to best practice.
- Together with other team members, undertake all of the financial processes for the appointed areas of DIT. Financial processes include: Requisitioning, receipting, journals, reconciliations, forecasting
- Work with the process leads to develop consistent and best practice for the processes across the Centre of Excellence.
- Be the first point of contact within Finance for budget managers within Groups,
- Build a knowledge of the areas of the Department for which they are responsible, understanding the financial and performance issues and propose ways to improve financial performance
- Line management responsibilities for 1 x EO Finance Officer
- Full study support of your finance qualifications (including AAT, CIMA, CIPFA ACCA and ACA)
- Civil Service pension
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home 1 day a week
- A heavy emphasis on CPD including 5 L&D days per year
- Experience of working as part of a team to support organisational objectives
- A high level of attention to detail and quality assurance when undertaking tasks.
- Experience of developing and delivering financial processes
- Experience of undertaking financial processes through and working with Oracle (or equivalent) financial systems
Personal Attributes & Skills
- A commitment to continuous improvement, always looking for new and better ways of doing things.
- Able to deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise work, and be able to escalate concerns and issues at the appropriate time.
- Demonstrate the confidence, composure and credibility needed to challenge the way activities are delivered.
- Recognise change as an opportunity to deliver efficiency and innovation, identifying opportunities to protect, drive and add value.
For more information about these roles please visit our dedicated Microsite - A link to this can be sent to you
Deadline for applications: Midnight 15th September