UK | Volunteer Treasurer @ Charity Providing Education in African Refugee Camps | 1 day/mo
4 days left
- Part Time / Job share
Accounting for International Development (AfID) offers volunteer assignments for accountants and auditors across the UK, Africa, Asia & South America including Trustee/Treasurer roles and financial capacity building placements from 2 to 12 weeks.
Our partner supports the post-secondary education of refugees and displaced persons in Kenya, South Sudan, Sudan & Uganda. They are seeking a replacement for their retiring Treasurer and Secretary.
The charity is UK-based and ultimately serves as the endowment fund to a few East African subsidiaries that provide education and schooling in some of Africa’s largest refugee camps. The charity needs support from ideally one person who could provide Treasurer and Secretarial support to the Trustees.
- Keeping financial records
- Investment tracking
- Receipts and Payments
- Management Accounts
- Annual Report and Accounts
- Management accounts/Charities SORP experience
- Experience liaising with auditors
- Ideally experience of grant-making to international charitable organisations and investment management liaison
- 1 day per month (plus bi-monthly meetings)
Apply for UK | Volunteer Treasurer @ Charity Providing Education in African Refugee Camps | 1 day/mo
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly