Interim Head of Finance - Communities
A London Borough currently has a need for an Interim Head of Finance to head up and lead the supporting communities directorate. You will have worked at similar level within a local authority, with experience of either Public Realm or Housing
- To take the lead in providing strategic financial advice to the council in relation to the Supporting Communities directorate.
- To lead the council’s strategic financial functions as it relates to capital investment and the Housing Revenue Account (HRA).
- To ensure that the financial strategies and transformation in relation to these services are consistent with the longer term political and service aspirations as set out in the authorities plan and reflected in other relevant service strategies.
- To ensure that the council responds robustly and effectively to the developing financial framework within which these services operate.
- To support the relevant service leadership – at member and officer level – in developing a strategic response to the financial challenges that the services face.
- To lead the service support delivery of the budget setting processes.
- To act as the divisional lead for learning and development
Example outcomes or objectives that this role will deliver:
- Clear longer term financial strategies that support delivery of council objectives in relation to the Supporting Communities Directorate and delivering transformational change throughout the service.
- Effective financial support to the delivery of council objectives in relation to the council’s role as social landlord and for its wider aspirations in meeting housing need in the borough.
- A robust Medium Term Financial Strategy for the HRA.
- Strategic financial advice to support the delivery of the Community Investment Programme, including all associated financial modelling, financial risk assessment and business case development.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- CCAB (or equivalent) qualified accountant
- A detailed knowledge of the strategic and technical framework within which individual local government services operate
- Experience of working with politicians
- Senior management experience
- Delivery of significant change programmes