Management Accounts and Research Finance Analyst
Job Title: Management Accounts and Research Finance Analyst
Salary: circa £41,000
Sector: Higher Education (Public Sector)
Applications close: Sunday 4th August
A Central London based University are looking for a Management Accounts and Research Finance Analyst to join their team. The University has been established for almost 200 years, has approximately 20,000 students and over 180 industry partners. It is a truly exciting place to work and provides an opportunity to make a real impact.
Management Accounts and Research Finance Analyst Job Role:
The purpose of the role is to provide management accountancy support to the Head of FP&A, Business Partners and their designated areas and to support the financial administration of research and consultancy projects across the University. The duties include:
- Preparation of financial reports on income and expenditure ensuring that general ledger transactions are recorded correctly
- Preparing and reviewing budgets and annual accounts information
- Analysing the income and expenditure variances to budget for the colleges/schools and initiating appropriate follow-up action with the key budget holders
- Assisting the Business Partners in collating, reviewing and reporting quarterly forecasts, and assisting with the annual budget preparations and review of budget submissions
Management Accounts and Research Finance Analyst Person Specification:
The ideal candidate for this role will be degree educated, part -qualified (CCAB, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or have equivalent relevant experience. Ideally this person will have a proven record of successful experience working in a financial position in a medium/large complex organisation preparing financial reports to short deadlines and high standards. The finance department is self-motivated, positive and flexible, so it is important that this person’s attributes are inline with the team.
- Salary circa £41,000
- 35 hour working week (flexible working available)
- 35 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays + university closure days over Christmas
- Clear learning, development and career progression opportunities
- Private healthcare
- Season ticket loan
Applications close on Sunday 4th August. To find out more about the organisation, role and to receive the full job description, please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane.