Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence-based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high-volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies. Since its launch 15 years ago, FP has raised approximately $10 billion and invested in more than 150 companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. You’ll enjoy seeing the results of your work as we rapidly implement our plan. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at http://www.avalonhcs.com.
About the Finance Analyst Position:
The Finance Analyst will be responsible for coordinating activities that support the accounting, finance, forecasting, and reporting functions. This position work with both the finance and medical economics team to support a number of financial reporting initiatives. This role will be responsible for building and analyzing reports to assist internal operations, health plan clients, and contracted laboratories make decisions and improvements. The Finance Analyst will also support the medical economics team by assisting with underwriting prospective clients as needed.
This position is based in Tampa, Florida, and is not a remote role. This is a full-time, W-2 position. At this time, we can consider only local candidates authorized to work in the US. No recruiter calls, please.
Responsibilities of the Finance Analyst:
- Create, analyze, and manipulate reports for various business analyses.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to understand reporting needs for effective business insight and analysis.
- Prepare fee schedules for pricing lab tests to maximize profitability.
- Prepare revenue budget to actual variance analysis, network revenue model and trend analysis on a monthly basis.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Create financial presentation decks for management reporting.
- Prepare deal P&L to determine profitability of prospective clients.
- Assist with various underwriting tasks as needed.
Qualifications of the Finance Analyst:
- Data analysis and business acumen
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel skills (VLookup, pivot tables, some modeling)
- SQL experience (select, join, case statements)
- Tableau experience
- Healthcare experience
- Experience in a start-up or early-stage company