Head of Financial Services
Becoming a Head of Financial Services with Capita Local Public Services
Location - Likely Hampshire/Berkshire/Oxford to allow to work across the client patch
Client – 6 Councils - Mendip, Hart, Havant, Vale of White Horse and South Oxfordshire, East Hants
We are looking for a dynamic leader to manage several important contracts within the Finance and Accounting division within CAPITA. You will be joining the team at an exciting time. Having preferably experience in local government and being CIPFA qualified you will responsible for account contract and partnership and relationship management. There are key KPIs and PIs to manage and the opportunity to be involved in a ground-breaking transformational programme of change. You will need to demonstrate that you have been involved in continuous improvement.
You will need to evidence of having developed creative service solutions, taking on board the needs of clients. Your personal attributes need to show that you are honest, democratic, inclusive, loyal and the ability to work at the highest standard.
What you will do:
- To be accountable for the contract management, partnership and relationship management for various financial services contracts delivering transactional, operational and strategic services to a first-class standard to our clients.
- To lead and manage an effective and responsive financial management support service in line with the output specification agreed with the clients including: delivery of the client’s statutory financial reporting; delivery of an effective and focused business partnering service; maintenance of the client’s financial investments; and development and delivery of other financial services. Ensure that all services are provided to the highest level of standard and there is a proactive pathway of service improvement.
- Support the client in delivery of its strategies for the continuous improvement of the efficient use of financial resources to ensure the effective control of revenue and capital budgets and programmes to enhance overall value for money ensuring the financial service is adaptable to meet the changing needs of the client.
- Responsibility for the delivery and reporting of all KPI and PIs in line with the client’s contract and internal reporting. To represent the finance workstream at both internal and external meetings and provide management of the day to day relationship with clients and third parties including financial, contractual and commercial. Internally to be responsible for the financial reporting and financial management of the services budget.
- To provide leadership to the service, setting clear objectives and priorities and direct line management for several managers.
- Support the delivery of the wider objectives of the Local Government Finance and Accountancy division including: supporting the application for new business; implementation and development of new services and delivery models; management of other client contracts.
- Deputise for Senior Management as required.
Your experience will include:
- Local government practical experience Preferably full membership of a CCAB professional body ( CIPFA ) or CIMA
- Experience of strategic financial management including local government, including managing complex budgets to enhance value for money and achieve service and corporate objectives
- Demonstrable track record of development and maintaining relationships with Senior Management and Directors through matrix working
- Evidence of success in leading, managing and motivating staff to achieve agreed outcomes
- Experience of managing contractual commercial relationships across multiple clients
- Experience of contract management including financial, commercial and operational
- Evidence of developing creative service solutions, taking on board the needs of clients, the company and future service requirements
- Commitment to being honest, democratic, inclusive, loyal and working to the highest standard
- Communicating the vision and rationale for change and engaging others to work collaboratively to achieve change
- Use of evidence-based decision making
- Evaluation of the impact of previous decision making and actions
- Evidence of identifying and managing resources to deliver services effectively and efficiently considering the required services outcomes
- Evidence of being able to work in Partnership with clients to achieved required outcomes in line with service standards
About Capita Local Public Services
Capita Local Public Services delivers a wide range of specialist services to local authorities, schools, academies and other public sector organisations, including IT and digital transformation, customer management, revenues, benefits, finance, property development and regulatory services, education support and back office processing.
What’s in it for you?
As well as a generous basic salary we also offer car allowance, company matched pension scheme, private healthcare and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact email@example.com for guidance and to request a full job description.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |