Job Role: Capital Accountant
Sector: Public Sector – Local Government
Location: South East
Salary: Circa £50,000
This is an excellent career opportunity for a Capital Accountant to work within Local Government for a Council in the South East. If you are looking for exposure, development and to make an impact in your next role, this could be a great move for you.
Capital Accountant Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
- Support and co-ordinate the development of capital strategy
- Formulate policies and practices across the Council
- Ensure all capital accounting entries which contribute to the Statement of Accounts are produced accurately, in accordance with legislative requirements and in a timely manner
- To collaborate with the Treasury Manager in developing a Treasury Strategy which reflects the Councils capital spending plans and cashflow forecasting
- Management of four members of staff
- Building key relationships with Head of Finance; Staff working on Financial Strategy and Treasury; Senior Management Team; Directors and Senior Managers; Technical staff (internal and external valuers)
Capital Accountant Person Specification:
The ideal candidate for this role will be a qualified accountant (CIPFA or equivalent). You must have a detailed knowledge of the accounting requirements in relation to capital and revenue expenditure. Experience working in a political environment and managing people would also be beneficial. The culture is very inclusive and it is important that this person fits into the team and is flexible, motivated and wants to develop and help others.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, the organisation and receive the full job description, please apply here or contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane before Sunday 7th July.