Financial Reporting Accountant
Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
Financial Reporting Accountant
£38,500 - £43,430 + £8,895 Accountancy Allowance
The BEIS Financial Reporting & Control function are looking for an exceptional finance professional with the necessary experience, skills and personal qualities for Senior Executive Officer (SEO) Financial Reporting Accountant role within the Financial Reporting and Advice team. This is an important role within the finance function requiring the ability to gain credibility, providing accounting expertise to maintain the financial ledgers, and is an excellent opportunity to play an important and active part in the strategic direction of BEIS. We will provide you with the opportunity for an interesting and worthwhile career and support you with training and development.
The post holder will partner and collaborate with a range of stakeholders, acting as the face of financial reporting, providing sound advice on the application of accounting standards, (as interpreted by HM Treasury), to ensure the Department’s financial records are free from errors and the annual accounts are laid pre parliamentary recess.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Build understanding of the data tool used to capture financial information from Partner Organisations and suggest and develop enhancements to the data tool;
- Engage effectively with the rest of finance, the core Department and external Partner Organisations within the Group;
- Ensure that all the technical aspects of the accounts production process are consistent with HM Treasury guidance and specifically the requirements of the Financial Reporting Manual (FReM);
- Provide technical accounting advice and guidance to a variety of stakeholders around the Department;
- Maintain the Clear Line of Sight between Parliamentary Estimates, the accounting records and the Resource Accounts (Statement of Parliamentary Supply);
- Where appropriate, liaise with HM Treasury colleagues on technical issues and cross Whitehall accountancy issues;
- Provide Boundary and classification advice;
- Prepare accounts and financial statements for BEIS minor bodies;
You will be a results driven, collaborative team player, with good attention to detail and the ability and communication skills to build good working relationships at all levels across the BEIS family. You will be passionate about great public services and delivering on the BEIS objectives.
We have a strong track record in the Department for providing opportunities and support for future progression to finance leadership roles, so we welcome applications from ambitious finance professionals. These roles can also act as a springboard into other roles within BEIS and also our partner organisations.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA);
- Significant experience of International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Strong technical accounting skills and ability to analyse technical financial issues and to communicate effectively complex financial information and risks to a wide range of stakeholders
For more information on these roles please see this website - https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/beis