Accountant (x 3)
Vacancy Reference Number: RES00659
Closing Date: 19 Jun 2019
Division: Corporate Finance
Section: Central Directorates Finance
Grade: PO4 - £41,465 - £44,374
Contract Type: Permanent
Number of Posts: 3
Hours per week: 35 hours per week
Benefits and Allowances
- Take responsibility for providing an efficient, effective and comprehensive finance service, promoting best practice across the Council, primarily working in the corporate finance and/or adult social care related areas.
- Act as a single point of contact for the financial management support of Divisional Directors, Service Managers and Budget Holders. Develop a thorough understanding of a specific Service Area’s business, particularly in relation to the measurement and management of the activities that drive costs and advise on the optimisation of income in accordance with Council policies.
- Lead on creating and implementing relevant and accurate financial models across a range of cost drivers, ensuring models and any assumptions are agreed and owned by the directorate
- Contribute and challenge senior management and budget holders to ensure the financial forecasts and future budget plans are based on robust financial and non-financial information, and support prompt responsive and remedial action
- Work with accountants across the finance function to share learning and best practice across the teams.
- Contribute to the production of the council’s financial annual accounts to be accurate and free of error in accordance with financial standards, and the statutory timetable, including those for the Council’s Pension Fund, Group Accounts and Whole Government Accounts.
- Supporting the delivery of the Medium Term Finance Strategy (MTFS) for revenue and capital
Tasks and responsibilities are in line with the seniority of this post and are available in the job description.
- Essential knowledge of the job
- Appropriate qualifications
- Demonstrate the Tower Values
All detailed in the Person Specification
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an interview which has been scheduled to take place week commencing 24th June. Following the interview the second stage of the recruitment process will be an assessment centre which will take place on Friday 5th July.
Note, the closing date has been extended to 19th June.
This post is open to the following types of applicants: Redeployees/ Internal/ External
If this role is available to Internal employees only, this will include agency workers but does not include independent contractors or Skills Match trainees
All applications should be made via our online application system, no CV’s or alternative forms of applications are accepted.
Internal employees should apply via the council's Intranet. External applicants apply via the Council's website www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/careers